An affordable funeral plan for the whole family.
Funeral Fundi offers affordable funeral cover for you, the policyholder, and up to 20 dependents, including your spouse(s) or partner(s), children, parents, and extended family members. Starting from as little as R12/ month, policyholders can purchase funeral insurance and release up to R30,000 in cash to cover funeral costs in the event of a death.
A funeral plan that understands your family.
A funeral policy that gives more back.
- Shopping vouchers. Get R150/ month for 6 months to buy groceries.
- Airtime. Get a R250 once-off airtime voucher to help with funeral arrangements.
- Education benefit. Get R200/ month for 12 months towards education costs.
Funeral insurance that changes with your needs.
Change your benefits and premium at any time. We understand that needs change over time, that is why we have a wide choice of policy options starting from only R12/ month. Check out our handy INSTANT QUOTE tool to find a plan that works for you and your family.
Funeral cover you can trust.
Cover yourself from R12/ month.
Cover yourself and extended family members from R16/ month per member.
Member & spouse
Cover yourself and up to 2 spouses or partners from R18/ month.
Single parent family
Cover yourself and up to 6 children from R27/ month.
Married parents family
Cover yourself, up to 2 spouses or partners, and up to 6 children from R33/ month.
Our funeral insurance policies grow with your family.
- Add up to 5 spouses or life partners as defined under common law, customary law, or a life partner arrangement.
- Add your parents, including biological parents, step parents, parents-in-law, and legal adoptive parents.
- Add your children, including biological children, step children, legally adopted children, and other financially dependent children. For child-headed households where the policyholder is under 21 years old, siblings are considered children. If 2 of the children on the policy are between 1 and 14 years old, cover is free. Stillborn children after 26 weeks’ gestation are also covered, excluding intentional terminations.
- Add up to 20 dependants. The policyholder can add up to 20 extended family members, including descendants and their spouses and/or legally adopted children. The great-grandparents of the policyholder may also be added.
Enjoy paid-up cover at 65. When the policyholders turns 65 years old, premiums cease but cover remains in place. The benefit is subject to 10 years of consecutive premiums paid with no premium breaks or missed payments.
Claims are paid within 48 hours of receiving complete claim documents.
Receive 50% cashback after 24 months of consecutive premiums paid. Any missed premiums resets the eligibility period to zero.
Change your plan at any time. When your needs change, simply downgrade or upgrade your plan with immediate effect.
Take a premium break up to 3 months when cash is tight. Pay back the missed premiums after the premium break to bring your policy up to date. Core benefits reduce to 50% in the 2nd month and 25% in the 3rd month. If you miss more than 3 consecutive payments, your policy will lapse and cover will cease. You may miss up to 9 non-consecutive premiums over the life of your policy.
Continue cover after death. If the policyholder dies, the cover can be transferred to the policyholder’s biological brother when he assumes responsibility for the family. As the new policyholder, he will be responsible to pay the premiums.
Click here to download our full policy benefits and terms and conditions.